As you’ve probably already seen, this blog and the entire site have been migrated to another hosting.
Changes include :
- Upgrade from etch to squeeze (PHP4 to PHP5 + suhosin, grub to grub2 etc.)
- Most services are now using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL
- Server is installed with SELinux in enforcing mode (why ? because it’s fun !)
- IPv6 (and fun with iptables)
- OpenLDAP + Kerberos
- This blog had been migrated from dotclear 1 to DC2 (with some fun to keep old URLs working)
- Trac migrated to Redmine: this will allow adding some projects
- Git repositories
- All cleartext URLs are redirected to SSL
- Other (non-public) services, like postfix + greylisting, cyrus etc.
There are still some things to do, like installing real SSL certificates, but globally it has been pretty easy (and this is one reason I like Debian ). I’ve kept notes from the entire migration, so if someone’s interested I can share some parts.